Sometimes I wish the end would come.... Whatever it is.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dear Diary,

It is the first day of Hanukah. Anne gave everyone a present. My present was a crossword puzzle but I already used it. Anne rubbed all of the answers form the crossword puzzle and sooner or later I will forget the answers. I told her its wonderful Anne thank you. You’d never know it wasn’t new. Mrs. Van Daan got hair shampoo; Mr. Van Daan got two cigarettes, Mother got an IOU from Anne for ten hours of doing whatever you say, Farther got a muffler that Anne made, Peter got a safety razor and Mr. Dussel got ear plugs. After that we heard a crashing noise coming from right below us. We think it was the Green Police or a thief. The noise scared me to death I thought that someone was going to find us and take us away. Then father decided to go down. I told father no father no! There may be someone there, waiting. It might be a trap. Father came back up and said it was a thief and he took the cash box and the radio. Mr. Dussel said that I think someday he’ll be caught and then he’ll make a bargain with the Green Police. If they let him off, he’ll be caught and them where some Jews are hiding. I think Mr. Dussel is right. I have no idea what we should do.
                                                                                                                                            Margot Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment